- Life Care Planning
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Medical Case Management Services
- Utilization Review
- Medical & Hospital Bill Auditing
- Educational Services
Life Care Planning
Rehabilitation Professional Consultants, Inc. employs a team approach to life care planning similar to the process used in developing rehabilitation treatment plans for individuals who have residual disabilities associated with traumatic injuries or chronic disease. The team process incorporates the collective educational, professional, and clinical expertise of the physician and the nursing/case management professional to provide comprehensive, forward-looking and needs driven life care plans. The team evaluation process may also include other professional sub-components, such as licensed or certified prosthetic professionals or additional physicians with specific professional experience and specialization when indicated. This process includes:
- A thorough review of the available medical records and other pertinent documents by the authors of the life care plan
- A comprehensive team interview, evaluation and physical examination of the disabled individual whenever this opportunity is provided
- Conferencing by all team members through all stages of life care planning development
- Review of applicable scientific literature to identify anticipated and potential complications and comorbidities, as well as the individual’s projected life expectancy
- Research and analysis of valid and reliable health care cost data applicable for the geographic domain where goods and services are anticipated
- Consultation with applicable fiduciaries and other financial administrators
- Expert testimony in litigated matters when designated as testifying experts
- Consultation in litigated matters when serving as consulting experts
Independent Medical Evaluations
Independent medical evaluations are performed at Rehabilitation Professional Consultants, Inc. by licensed physicians who are board certified in their respective areas of clinical practice and specialization in neurology and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Medical Case Management Services
Medical case management services are provided at Rehabilitation Professional Consultants, Inc. by registered nurses with experience in a vast array of clinical speciality areas and rehabilitation, along with additional board certification in case management and disability management. Services include personal interviews and evaluations with care assessments of the clients referred in order to provide assistance in developing, implementing, and coordinating a medical plan of care with the health care providers. Treatment goals and patient outcomes are carefully monitored to assure that quality healthcare services are rendered appropriately, timely, and cost effectively.
Retrospective reviews of patient medical records by physician and other healthcare professional staff to offer opinions and analysis of the necessity, appropriateness, and causal relationship of medical services and procedures rendered.
Medical and Hospital Bill Auditing
Review and audit of patient medical bills with medical records to verify documentation of the receipt of goods and services rendered, along with an analysis of fees charged relative to usual and customary for the geographic domain where rendered.
Public appearances by physicians and other healthcare professional staff providing lectures, training, and educational seminars in various specialty areas to include life care planning, traumatic and hypoxic ischemic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, chronic pain syndromes, brachial plexopathies, solid organ transplantation, and other diagnoses associated with traumatic injuries or chronic diseases.